RFC: Include images in search-results

Николай Антонов ostinru at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 01:42:12 EDT 2011

04.09.2011 02:49, Andrew Victor пишет:
> hi,
>
> I'm looking at extending the SearchResults-Notification API to support
> displaying of images/profile-pictures with the results - at the moment
> it only supports plain-text.
> I've tried to keep it the similar to the Request API, so:
>   * Changed purple_notify_searchresults_column_new
>   * Added PurpleNotifySearchField struct
>   * Added notify_searchresult_field_text_add
>   * Added notify_searchresult_field_image_add
>   * Updated all the protocol prpl's that use the searchresults API.
>   * Updated Pidgin for the UI changes.
> (I still need to do the Finch changes)
>

> Could you please review the attached patch and let me know if it looks
> Ok, or if there is a better way of implementing it.
> It would be nice to get this functionality included for 3.0
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrew Victor

I am not pidgin dev... but I think it is a good idea to able add
images(in column PURPLE_RESULT_COLUMN_IMAGE) _after_ searchresult shown
to user. Because many protocols dosen't provide images with searchresult
request. So purple protocol plugin need make additional requests to get
images. And it is bad idea to wait when all images will be downloaded.

PS: sorry for my english

Nikolay Antonov