Webkit branch merged!!

Will Thompson will at willthompson.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 11:45:24 EDT 2011

CCing the Telepathy list, which is the closest thing to an Empathy
developer list that exists. :)

On 14/09/11 16:23, Jorge Villaseñor wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Will Thompson<will at willthompson.co.uk>  wrote:
>> On 07/09/11 07:07, Jorge Villaseñor wrote:
>>>
>>> To install a Adium Theme, as the code is now, you must place the style
>>> dir on .purple/styles/
>>
>> For what it's worth, Empathy loads Adium themes from
>> {$XDG_DATA_HOME,$XDG_DATA_DIRS}/adium/message-styles. So in typical
>> situations, that's .local/share/adium/message-styles,
>> /usr/local/share/adium/message-styles, /usr/share/adium/message-styles.
>>
>> It might help packagers (and, to a lesser extent, users) if both Pidgin and
>> Empathy could load styles from a common location.
>
> I'm not sure if it makes sense to have ${XDG_DATA_HOME}/adium  do you
> think we must use that path or try to talk with empathy people to
> figure out a more suited (non adium-named) path to share the
> message-styles?

I personally am not wild about the name of that directory. Of course
there's a cost to Empathy in changing the name, in that it basically
would then have to support both in perpetuity. Hence why I thought I'd
pipe up, to let Pidgin only have to support one path (pattern) rather
than needing to figure out a migration strategy to a common path.

> Other than that. I think it's good to have a shared path for the
> styles. I will keep in mind when trying to get xdg implemented.

Cheers,
--
Will