Keyring support for 3.0.0 (GSoc 2008 branch)

Darryl Pogue dvpdiner2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 00:34:23 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 21:31 -0400, Lucas Fisher wrote:
> This would be nice to see. Is there support for saving user certificates and
> keys in the libpurple keyring API? This would be much better way to save keys
> for users than writing them out to PKCS8 encrypted files I am using.

I doubt there's any existing code to handle certificates, but you might
be able to hook in somewhere to load certificates from the keychain.

Keep in mind I'm not the author of the keyring code, I just poked it
repeatedly until it worked ;)

> Was there any code for integration with the Windows crytoapi?

There was not, and from my investigating with the Windows keyring/Vault
API in the past, I seem to recall that it could only be used for this
sort of thing in certain editions of Windows, while "lower" editions
could only store passwords for network file shares.