Plans for IPv6 support on windows?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Feb 20 18:02:13 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 4:37 PM, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
> On 01/18/2012 02:39 PM, Eion Robb wrote:
>> Didn't we drop support for 95/98 a while ago?
>> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Installing%20Pidgin#CanIrunPidginonWindows98ME
>
> Yes, but we *do* still support Windows 2000, which has no IPv6 support at all.

If supporting Windows 2000 requires any extra work or reduces
functionality in any way, then I'm in favor of dropping support for
it.  It's kind of old.  It's been out of mainstream support for 6
years and out of extended support for a year and a half.  Its
replacements, Windows XP and Windows 2003, have been available for
over 8 years.  People should have upgraded by now.