[GSoC 2012] Planned API changes - RFC

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Tue Jul 3 00:10:35 EDT 2012

> 1) trimming whitespaces from usernames
I don't think trimming whitespace is generally a good thing globally,
it should probably be on a per-prpl basis, in case whitespace is
important to a prpl

> 2) username validation
Does username normalisation count as validation?

> 3) ability to change labels for "username"
There's currently the UI hint for what should be entered into the
username box via the prpl_info->get_account_text_table(), is this not
enough?