[GSoC 2012] Planned API changes - RFC

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Fri Jul 13 02:50:19 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 3:18 AM, Tomasz Wasilczyk
<tomkiewicz.groups at gmail.com> wrote:
> Changes:
> - prpl API extended with purple_prpl_get_text, to easily lookup for
> protocol-related strings
> - added buddy_username_label string to some protocols
> - use buddy_username_label as label in buddy adding dialog
> - hide invitation message input (instead of disabling it), if protocol
> doesn't support it
>
> [1] http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=nHzwbgBF

I like this patch.  I might be in the minority, though, so it would be
good to hear from other devs before committing it.  Two questions
about the diff:
- Why do the buddy_username_label strings for some PRPLs have mnemonic
underscores while others do not?
- Maybe the trailing colon should be left off the string in case we
want to use the string in a sentence in the future?  The colon could
be added when it is displayed in the dialog.