[GSoC 2012] [Gadu-Gadu] Work status after midterm
tomkiewicz.groups at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:14:44 EDT 2012
I wanted to do short summary of my work, after GSoC midterm. Since
publishing here my last summary, I have:
- done some (well, most of my work was that) code refactoring;
- hacked newest available original Gadu-Gadu client to run with
totally unencrypted connections (and done some findings about new gg
- implemented new feature: automatic contact list synchronization, as in xmpp;
- created dissector plugin for wireshark - available at ;
- reimplemented avatar support - the old one used *huge* amount of
- made a new dns resolver for libgadu, that uses libpurple functions;
- made some inline images related improvements: fixed receiving of
inline images (broken on 3.0.0), added notifications about delivery
status of sent images;
- fixed, reimplemented and improved account registration and password
- some libpurple or pidgin fixes and improvements: username validation
support, account setup dialog polishing, some small bugfixes;
discussion about some of them at .
Currently, I'm working on (most of these are under discussion):
- adding validation to request API;
- message delivery notifications;
- user-friendliness issues with misleading labels for protocols, which
doesn't name their user identifiers as "username";
- proxy support.
In following week, I may not be able to have access to Internet. I
will continue my work offline.
Detailed descriptions of these changes are available at , source
code is commited to .
More information about the Devel