Problem quitting libpurple core

Vaibhav Chauhan chauhan.umichigan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:04:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am working on a libpurple client which does everything fine, other than
reconnecting.
I connect -> disconnect using purple_account_disconnect( m_pAccount ); ->
call connect and am unable to connect.

My connect does following(I am posting main functionalities of code below):

m_pLoop = g_main_loop_new(NULL, FALSE);
m_pAccount = purple_account_new( m_pUserName.c_str(), strProtocol.c_str()
);
purple_account_set_password( m_pAccount, m_pPassword.c_str() );
purple_account_set_enabled( m_pAccount, m_pUId.c_str(), TRUE );
PurpleSavedStatus *pStatus = purple_savedstatus_new( NULL,
PURPLE_STATUS_AVAILABLE );
purple_savedstatus_activate( pStatus );

I have tried calling:

g_main_loop_quit( m_pLoop );
g_main_loop_unref( m_pLoop );
purple_core_quit(); // I call this when I am done with client and want to
start a completely fresh client

but nothing works.
purple_core_quit(); keeps running and never stops. What is the way to:
1. Quit libpurple client removing all memory gracefully
2. Reconnect after disconnecting

Please help. Quite urgent.

Best Regards
*Vaibhav Chauhan*