[GSoC 2012] Planned API changes - RFC

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewicz.groups at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:15:05 EDT 2012

> I've managed to use validation in account setup and buddy adding
> dialog. (Un)fortunately, "new conversation" dialog uses
> purple_request_fields, which doesn't support validation. I may
> implement such feature (also resulting in API change):
> - add optional validation callback to separate request fields (to
> easily add simple validators for numbers, email, etc)
> - add optional validation callback to whole form (to validate
> username, which is related to account selected in separate field)

I've already implemented validation for Request API [1]. There is only
validation for certain fields - if certain field needs another's one
content for validation, it may just looks for it (see
pidgin_dialogs_im_name_validator).

To try this out, call buddies -> new instant message (Gadu-Gadu
protocol supports only number-based usernames, while xmpp supports
alphanumeric).

Please comment.
Tomek

[1] http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=UqVcBvUb