'SSL peer presented an invalid certificate' error received | running on ARM-ubuntu-11.10

Roy Samuel (RBEI/ECG4) Roy.Samuel at in.bosch.com
Mon Jun 11 05:33:33 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am using libpurple (package-  1:2.10.0-0ubuntu2) for developing a chat application. Everything works fine on x86 processor (Desktop - Ubuntu 11.10)

However, the same chat application (after cross-compilation) when run on the ARM (iMx Freescale based on Ubuntu 11.10) processor shows error:

"SSL peer presented an invalid certificate", while logging in.

--1--

All the packages seems to be present for the ARM target just like in the x86 machine. (including gnutls dev package, as mentioned in FAQ http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Installing%20Pidgin#IhaveOpenSSLwhyisntPidginusingit).

--2--

I have installed the ca-certificates package (updated it to the newest one in the Ubuntu repository for Ubuntu 11.10), using:

 'apt-get install ca-certificates'.

--3--

Also tried copying the contents of "~/.purple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/", from the properly working x86 machine to the target system.

The SSL error still persists after these.

Any help in resolving this issue would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Roy