Mercurial test conversion

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at
Wed Jun 13 22:17:11 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Daniel Atallah
<daniel.atallah at> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Daniel Atallah
> <daniel.atallah at> wrote:
>> We've made a number of tweaks to the conversion process and there is
>> now an updated test conversion available at
> <snip />
>> Review and testing is welcome.
> After some more minor tweaks and a few more test runs, I think we're
> ready to go.
> The server has been configured based on
> is now being served off of a hg repo.  This means
> that you probably shouldn't commit to the mtn repo (although it isn't
> a real problem if you do).
> Making the cut-over for everything else is a matter of deciding when
> we want to pull the trigger.
> At that point we do the following:
>  * put mtn into readonly mode
>  * Run a final incremental conversion (takes ~20 minutes)
>  * Copy the repositories to (this will probably take a
> couple hours)
> I'm proposing that we cut over at 17:00 US Eastern time (21:00 UTC) on
> Wednesday June 13th.
> If something hasn't been pushed by then, there are a couple options:
>  * Create a patch from mtn and import into the appropriate hg repo
>  * We can run another incremental conversion - this would be a bit of
> effort, so ideally we'd use the patch method unless there was a
> compelling reason not to.

We're underway. :)

Unfortunately, the process started a little later than planned, and I
significantly underestimated the time that it'll take to transfer the
repositories from the box where the conversion occurred to (current estimate is that there is about 6.5 hour
remaining on the transfer), so the repositories will not actually be
available on until tomorrow at some point.


More information about the Devel mailing list