Disabling some user accounts on our servers

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Mar 25 03:11:05 EDT 2012

Having many user accounts on our two virtual servers reduces the
security of our website by making brute force attacks easier.  So I
decided to disable some accounts for people I haven't noticed in a
while.  As always, these people are welcome to contribute again in the
future.  Also note that I don't think I disabled mail for any of these
accounts... just shell access.  If you think I shouldn't have disabled
any of these, please let me know.

I set the shell to /bin/false for the following user accounts on rock.pidgin.im:
caseyho
khc
mtnsupport
nwalp