[ANN] pidgin git import v5

Peter Lawler bleeter at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:57:06 EDT 2012

On 24/05/12 06:35, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 14:28 +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>>> Since you skipped the relevant part, I'm just going to state it for
>>> the record: the Pidgin project does *not* plan to have a publicly
>>> available analysis for the rationale to moving to mercurial like other
>>> projects have[1][2][3][4].
>>
>> This has been discussed publicly on the mailing list.
>
> Discussed yes, analyzed in detail and carefully list the pros and cons
> of each option--no.

IAJACPW, but from my reading of the threads in January it seemed to me
that a bunch of points were gone through, a decision was taken to go
with .hg.

You, and only you, seem unhappy with the decision taken and then called
for an in depth analysis. I don't think that it'd be unreasonable to
conclude that this is because you're unhappy with the decision and you
want the decision to go to hg to be changed. I would ask you, if you -
or anyone else - were to produce such an analysis and hg was still
chosen, what would you request then?

On this point, I note that it's been around 5 months since you mentioned
wanting to see an analysis. No one else on the list seems to have cared
for one, with or without as much passion as you have. I encourage you to
produce one ASAP.

Regards,

Pete.