Mercurial test conversion

Evan Schoenberg evan at adium.im
Sun May 27 11:16:02 EDT 2012

On May 27, 2012, at 10:07 AM, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:

> Put the three adium branches in one repository, not 3--Evan essentially
>    put his foot down over at Adium a while back and said he doesn't want
>    multiple repos because it's painful to a reasonable workflow, so let's
>    simplify his life a bit.  They're heavily inter-related anyway and it
>    eliminates two repos.  I'd also suggest that we hand this repo over to
>    the Adium guys for them to host on their own server so they can maintain
>    it completely independently of us--this gives them more freedom and
>    flexibility.

Sounds good to me.

My experience, btw, was that the merging facilities worked much better across branches within 1 repository than transrepository. If that has changed through improvements to the tools (or because we all had missed some optimal workflow over at Adium) it might be a nonissue... We'll take the Adium libpurple branch series as a single repo, in any case.

Thanks for doing this.

-Evan