/pidgin/main: e6c37a5e6666: New dependency: libcurl

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewicz.groups at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 08:19:11 EDT 2012

04-10-2012 17:41, "Daniel Atallah" <daniel.atallah at gmail.com> napisał(a):
> I guess I don't see real solutions, just partial workarounds.
>
> Conceptually, I'm all for a HTTP library - ideally speaking HTTP isn't
> something we'd do ourselves, however it doesn't look like libcurl
> really fits the requirements libpurple has for such a library.
>
> What is it that we specifically want/need that libcurl will provide?
>
> Is there another option for a library?
>
> -D

I don't think, there is any library that fits better into our requirements.
So, if using libcurl with its current limitations is undesirable, I have
another proposal. We may create a new, extendable http api, with our
implementation. When libcurl (or any other library) will gain required
features, we will switch to it.

Current API is horrible to use when making more complex requests (it
requires manually built requests).

Tomek