/pidgin/main: e6c37a5e6666: New dependency: libcurl

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewicz.groups at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:29:52 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have prepared proposal for our new HTTP API [1]. It currently
doesn't support easily handled POST fields - it can be added later,
without breaking API (just extending it).

It also doesn't support raw requests, because:
- most of not supported features can be easily emulated by handling of
parsed http headers
- if there would be any feature not possible to handle here, we can
just add such new feature to our API
- it would be hard (and buggy) to handle such raw requests (for
example: redirects)

After introducing it, our current HTTP code (purple_util_fetch_url*)
could be removed from API, marked deprecated and slowly removed from
libpurple code by replacing with purple_http_get and
purple_http_request.

Waiting for comments,
Tomek

[1] http://pastebin.com/QnQHSDsL