article on coding for both GNOME Shell and Unity

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Fri Oct 12 16:54:15 EDT 2012

Bruce Byfield spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I'm trying to develop a story about the increasing difficulty of coding for both
> GNOME Shell and Unity. I began looking into the topic after talking with Jim
> Nelson at Yorba, and I am looking for additional perspectives to round off the
> story.
>
> Could you tell me if Pidgin developers have noticed any difficulties along these
> lines? If so could you describe them to me, and comment on how serious they
> are?

Can you clarify your question?  Pidgin is not a GNOME application, so
we do not use GNOME shell or any other GNOME-specific features within
Pidgin itself.  Are you asking for personal experiences on other
projects, or do you have particular questions about Pidgin itself?

Ethan