Patch to gtkdialogs.c

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Sep 20 23:44:13 EDT 2012

Daniel Atallah spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I agree with the sentiment.  I think it's a little harsh.
> I'd remove ", nor do we want to." until the end, I think the last part
> is unnecessarily abrasive and doesn't say anything that the previous
> sentence hasn't already said.
>
> I don't think it needs to be translated.
>
> Also, do you think we could only show that if they have an XMPP
> account with the word "oracle" somewhere in the username?
> It seems unnecessary to subject the rest of the world to this.

I also think we should make it dependent on having an Oracle XMPP ID
or some other Oracle-specific detectable feature.

In fact, I also think, if such a condition is detected, we should *pop
up a window on startup* that says "Oracle employees: Please do not
contact Pidgin support for this application, contact Oracle IT
instead." I suspect this will get the problem fixed rapidly, when
someone high enough up the ladder at Oracle says "why is this
happening?" -- or else when Oracle IT goes to roll out a new version
and says, "oh we must have a problem here".

Ethan