libpurple IM conversation name

Zoltán Sólyom z-ismeretlen at freemail.hu
Fri Apr 12 12:34:55 EDT 2013

Thanks for checking the log.

The xml I get is:
<message from='friend at jabber.org/48154a0d3b8196c6' to='me at jabber.org'
type='chat' id='purplea48c5494'><active
xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates'/><body>receive
this</body></message>

My guess is that the extra characters after the name might depend on the
protocol. I use xmpp (jabber) and not msn for testing. After reading the
code for a while I found the solution. I have to call
purple_normalize(account, name) to get a string for comparison. This is
what is called inside libpurple as well when checking whether two
conversations are the same.