libpurple IM conversation name

Duncan Berriman duncan at berrimans.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 11:35:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

I use the same routines and method (on linux - pidgin-2.10.4) and see no
issue and happen to log the incoming messages.

Example from my log when a buddy sends me a new message/conversation.

"me at msn.com" (prpl-msn) 15:23:17 friend at msn.com: <FONT FACE="Segoe UI"><FONT
COLOR="#000000">test</FONT></FONT>

In this case the sender is friend at msn.com

Not sure where the 'Hex' you are seeing is coming from.

Regards
Duncan