[GSoC] Whiteboarding Pidgin

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:13:02 EDT 2013

2013/4/25 Ethan Blanton <elb at pidgin.im>:
> Tomasz Wasilczyk spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> I'd like to suggest, that (in case, such project will be accepted) it
>> could be done together with that old SoC branch integration. I mean,
>> both of these protocols (xmpp and yahoo) could use the same GUI and
>> libpurple API and just communicate with both services differently (and
>> it would be implemented in prpls). I think it's pointless to implement
>> it for all protocols separately (I believe, Gadu-Gadu also have
>> similiar feature).
>
> Yahoo Doodle support is merged with head.

I guess [1] should be updated, then.

> Whether it is relevant to
> XMPP whiteboards or not I cannot say -- it's bitmap-based, and I
> surely hope that other protocols are vector.

Both bitmap and vector based protocols could utilize (almost) the same
API and GUI. Its only a kind suggestion, because I wouldn't use such
feature. However, I would like to try reverse engineering and
implementing it in the meantime for Gadu-Gadu, if such API was ready.

Tomek

[1] https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/SummerOfCode2007