Project for GSOC 2013

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Apr 25 18:39:42 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Ashish Gupta <ashmew2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So the file transfer project can be a good enough project for GSOC then?
> The native file transfer for each protocol natively. Can we fix that ? All i
> want to make sure is that files get transferred. By hook or by crook, so to
> speak.
> If there is a native and more standard approach to do it, i'll be more than
> willing to undertake that task.
> Should i submit my GSOC Application with this this idea then?

I'm only 1 reviewer out of 8, but this sounds good to me.  I would
recommend being specific as to what you want to fix.  Which protocols?
 Which clients?  Pidgin to Pidgin?  Pidgin to official AIM?  Official
AIM to Pidgin?  When the receiver is behind a home router/firewall NAT
device?  When the sender is behind a home router/firewall NAT device?

If you're able to enumerate the exact failure scenarios then it will
be possible to reproduce the failures and easier to fix them.