Plugins inclusion request

Peter Lawler bleeter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 01:14:22 EST 2013

On 03/02/13 21:58, Quentin Glidic wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I’m developing two plugins for libpurple: purple-events and
> purple-libnotify+.
> http://purple-events.sardemff7.net/
> http://purple-libnotify-plus.sardemff7.net/
>
> I would like to include them both in Pidgin source tree, while still
> maintaining them.
>
> The first one uses GLib only, the second one uses libnotify (0.7). I can
> add back some compatibility with previous libnotify if really needed,
> but I think it is not worth the effort.
>
> Cheers,

Could you tell us a bit about why you think they should be included in
mainline, instead of existing externally in another collection (eg,
Guifications Plugin Pack) or as standalone? I had a quick glance at some
of the source. Would seem to me you're adding some API capabilities in
but there's no commenting love.

Whilst I'm happy to believe you intend to maintain the code through
major updates, this information would be crucial for carrying the work
forward in event of an unfortunate set of circumstances leading to an
inability of you to continue working on the plugins.

These are just some random thoughts I had when noticing it appears no
one had yet replied to your email.

Pete.