How obtain libpurple for windows

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Sat Feb 9 16:06:47 EST 2013

On 02/09/2013 01:11 PM, Peter Lawler wrote:
> On 10/02/13 01:24, Flamaros wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am searching a simple way to obtain the libpurple on Windows, without
>> building pidgin.
>> Is there a prebuilded version?
> Have you tried downloading the .exe installer and getting your
> libpurple.dll out of that?

Actually, there's a zip file release here which would make things easier:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pidgin/files/Pidgin/2.10.6/pidgin-2.10.6-win32-bin.zip/download

That would avoid having to deal with extracting or installing from the
.exe installer.

You can also set up the libpurple build environment on Windows and just
go into the libpurple directory and run "make -f Makefile.mingw
libpurple.dll"  If you're planning to develop against libpurple you
probably need the headers and linker files anyway.

Kevin