[GSOC] Quail - Progress as of 23rd July 2013

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Tue Jul 23 04:47:13 EDT 2013

Taken from the Quail blog [1]:

Well I did it, I managed to send myself a message, although there is still
work to do as the reply needs a little work (its outputting raw html).
However that's completely expected since I've been using .toPlainText()
everywhere at the moment. This is a great milestone for me. It means the
basics are in place, everything that comes after is going to be an
improvement.

Things to tackle this week:

   - Get the conversation window showing html as its meant to be
   - Get the chats working (as opposed to just one to one conversations)
   - Improve the layout of the conversations window
   - Get icons and aliases showing up
   - Improve the toolbar layout

Next week I'll be looking to:

   - Package the application for Windows and Linux (I like doing this early
   as it enabled broader usage sooner and generally doesn't change that much
   over time)
   - Fix my windows build machine which I have fallen into dll hell with
   - Work on tooltip/buddy information (however I have changed my
   preference regarding tooltips since they are activated by on hover and
   touch screens don't have that - I use a desktop touch screen)

Regards
Phil

[1] http://www.quail.im