[GSOC] Plugins Website - Progress as of July 23rd 2013

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:12:08 EDT 2013

Hi :)

Just a quick mail letting everyone know of the progress on the website.

As of now I have almost finished the backend of the website (just a few
small features are remaining but the core functionality of storing and
retrieving plugins data has been completed). I spent the week on fixing
any bugs and security issues (especially the one pointed by Eion related
to the comments section).

I have also tweaked the website layout a little bit as I'm experimenting
with what would look the most professional (Any feedback on this is
appreciated).

This week I will be starting work on the plugins window [1]. I will also
be working on the website but the main focus would be to get the
installation of plugins working from Pidgin.

If anyone has any tips and or feedback or want something implemented on
the website or the plugin's window of Pidgin feel free to send me an
email :)

PS: If you're testing the website [2] and an "Unresponsive script" error
pops up in Firefox, don't worry just ignore it, it's just the less.js
script I'm using to make CSS a lot less painful during development.

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal

[1] - https://hg.pidgin.im/soc/2013/bhaskar/plugins-window/
[2] - http://bhaskar-kandiyal.rhcloud.com/