continued spam leakage

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Mon Jun 10 10:55:47 EDT 2013

Ethan Blanton spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Could someone who knows something about spamassassin check the setup
> on rock and see if there's something can be done to make it suck less?
> Spamprobe tends to leak very simple spams (such as bare URLs) because
> it doesn't have enough context to know to block.  Spamassassin should
> be able to back that up with rules, but it doesn't seem to be doing
> so.

In the absence of anyone stepping forward to do this (maybe none of us
know anything about spamassassin?), I have set the devel list to
members only.  This means that non-members will have their emails to
the list held (perhaps indefinitely) for approval.  I do not like
this, and I would rather not do it, but this spam situation is simply
not acceptable.

This solution is not workable for the support list, so hopefully we
can figure out a spam-fighting technique soon, or the spamprobe
databases will catch up.  I fed them a corpus of several thousand
messages of spam this past weekend, but it does not seem to have
improved the situation.

Ethan