continued spam leakage

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Mon Jun 10 21:15:41 EDT 2013

Sorry about the delay here.  We moved on the 1st, and have not yet really settled in.

Anyway, I have rock sending its mail through amavisd-new (this appears to have been partially configured but disabled), and amavis sending mail through both clamav and spamassassin.

It puts the "bad" emails in /var/lib/amavis/virusmails  which is less than useful (I would prefer it create some sort of mail box file or maildir directory but whatever.

The configuration for this is a little awkward.

spamassassin's configuration file configures how spamassassin checks things. but amavis' configuration files determine whether or not the score is sufficient to mark the mail as spam, and if so, if it is sufficient to just mark the mail, or also block the sending.

This will doubtless need some tweaking.  I have not done this configuration on the pubic internet where you get the volume of spam (and unique kinds of non-spam) we do in 5 years or so.

I will try to be available to help with this tweaking.

Luke