amavis stats

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Sat Jun 15 10:21:23 EDT 2013

On Jun 14, 2013, at 13:32 EDT, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:

> There were 10 spammy emails in the moderator queue (because we're
> moderator emails from list non-members) versus maybe 1 or 2 in days of
> yore.

if you run /usr/local/sbin/getamavismail.sh  now (as root), it will launch mutt.  Deal with any ham that was filtered incorrectly manually (so far I haven't seen any) and then it will run any email remaining in the temp maildir through

for i in `find $DIR/new -type f`; do
        for j in `cat /home/var/mailfilter/lists`; do
                cat $i | /usr/bin/procmail -m LIST=$j REFILE=yes /home/var/mailfilter/procmailrc
        done
done

which if I read Ethan's README correctly, should train spam probe to recognize the emails caught as being spam.

Right now it does not actually clean email out of /var/lib/amavis/virusmails/ (which is where amavis puts both virus containing mail and spam categorized mail).  So each run of getamavismail.sh for now is getting more mail than the last time.

Cleaning out /var/lib/amavis/virusmails is for a future round of scripting.

Luke