amavis stats

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jun 20 03:16:39 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Luke Schierer <lschiere at pidgin.im> wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2013, at 13:32 EDT, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
>> There were 10 spammy emails in the moderator queue (because we're
>> moderator emails from list non-members) versus maybe 1 or 2 in days of
>> yore.
>
> if you run /usr/local/sbin/getamavismail.sh  now (as root), it will launch mutt.  Deal with any ham that was filtered incorrectly manually

It's not clear to me how to do this.  Maybe just because I'm not
familiar with mutt.  Do we think this will need to be done daily?
We're now getting ~10 messages per day in the moderator queue instead
of ~1 per day.  Dealing with this increase + possibly needing to ssh
to rock for spam filter training is more work than I'm willing to do
just to allow non-member postings to our lists.  (I'd prefer to spend
my time reviewing patches and branches, and organizing security
releases).

Anyone else want to take over dealing with the moderator queues?  If
so, I'll add you as a list admin (and I guess make sure you have a
shell account on rock).  Otherwise in a few days I'll change "Action
to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action is
defined" under Privacy Options --> Sender Filters from "Hold" to
"Reject."