GObjectification - GSoC progress as of June 16, 2013 (resent with readable formatting)

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Jun 17 11:05:14 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-06-16 at 18:41 +0530, Ankit Vani wrote:
> PurpleCipher and PurpleHash

Did you consider porting the existing consumers to glib's GChecksum and
GHmac APIs instead?

If not... I'm not your GSoC mentor, but you should probably just keep
focusing on GObjectification and not get slowed down rewriting the
cipher stuff again.

For anyone looking to do this in the future:

        GChecksum was added in 2.16 so it's fine to use now.

        If you use GHmac, you'd have to raise our glib requirement from
        2.20 to 2.30, or carry a copy of glib's GHmac code until that
        point.

        MD4 is not present in GChecksum. I think the only caller is
        ntlm.c, so maybe you'd just inline MD4 there.

--
Richard