new client plans and libpurple

Patrick Cloke clokep at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:06:27 EDT 2013

I'm unsure if this will help you or not, but Instantbird [1] is a libpurple
client with a native look & feel on each operation system (it doesn't use
the Windows API directly, it uses the Mozilla toolkit).  Additionally,
we've been compiling libpurple( + protocols)/glib/libxml2 into a single dll
using MSVC 2010 and have some hacks to get this to work (we usually
upstream our patches to libpurple, but glib/libxml2 can be a bit difficult
to compile on Windows, IIRC).

--Patrick

[1] http://www.instantbird.com/