XDG directory structure

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Tue May 28 20:47:19 EDT 2013

There is some interest [1] (and I add myself to that) to make pidgin/purple
XDG compliance regarding the dir structure. Why? Because it split the
information we have in a cleaner way and it makes it easier to backup and
share information between different installations/computers.

I started a page [2] to discuss which elements should go to which
directory. I started it with just a few of them for the moment since I
don't have that much time right now. Please review and add the other ones
you know about to help get an easier development on this regard.

(and yes, we need to implement a way to migrate the data from .purple/ to
$XDG_STUFF).

[1] https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/10029
[2] https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/XDG_dirs

--