about msn

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 20:11:55 EDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras
<kag at grrlz.net>wrote:

> Ok , all we know that msn protocol was buggy and had some partial
> support on pidgin ..
>
> Now that wlm/msn were moved to skype , I think that msn fuction on
> pidgin is totally useless. do you agree?

I think MSN support on pidgin do it's job. Until MS closes all the MSN
servers the prpl should be there and do the at least basic stuff.

Does it worth to develop the MSNP any further? I don't think so. Should we
fix bugs on MSN prpl? I think we should keep the basic functionallity
working, and if a bug prevents basic comunication (text IM, get contact
list) we should try to fix it. Should we implement new features? I don't
think it worth the time, I would not reject a patch with new features but I
will not use my time on them.

It is a shame MS have moved to skype.

--
Masca