Outgoing DTMF / dialpad support

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Oct 20 18:41:27 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 10:54 -0700, Elliott Sales de Andrade wrote:
> > +       purple_media_send_dtmf(gtkmedia->priv->media, sid, num, 25, 50);
>
> What are these two numbers?

Volume, duration.

>         +       gchar *sid = g_strdup(_sid); /* FIXME: This leaks. */
>         +
>

> You can use g_object_set_data_full on *one* button so it autofrees.

That's great; thanks. I'll make a new patch. May take a few days as I'm
at a conference now. Unless Jan feels like picking it up?

>         +       /* Button 1 */
>         +       button1 = phone_create_button("o_o", "<b>1</b>");
>

> Shouldn't one or both of these be marked for translation?

I don't think the number 1 on a telephone keypad really needs
translating. The o_o can possibly just be dropped. I think Jan was
copying the keypad of a mobile phone, where pressing and holding the '1'
key will typically autodial your voicemail, hence the tape-spool image
which o_o is an ASCII representation of.

>         +       g_signal_connect(button1, "pressed",
>         G_CALLBACK(phone_dtmf_pressed_cb), gtkmedia);
>         +       g_object_set_data(G_OBJECT(button1), "dtmf-digit",
>         GINT_TO_POINTER('1'));
>         +       g_object_set_data(G_OBJECT(button1), "session-id",
>         sid);
>         +       gtk_table_attach(GTK_TABLE(grid), button1, 0, 1, 0, 1,
>         GTK_FILL | GTK_EXPAND, GTK_FILL | GTK_EXPAND, 2, 2);
>         +
>         +       /* Button 2 */
>
>         +       /* Button Pound */
>         +
>

> All these buttons seem to be created the same way. I think this would
> be simpler if you looped through a static array of the elements.

Yeah, I actually thought the same when I was looking at it (and adding
the g_object_set_data() calls to every instance, making it *more*
duplicated code than Jan's original already was).

> I haven't looked into running this patch, so at a higher level, can I
> ask where the buttons go?

See attached.

--
dwmw2