Outgoing DTMF / dialpad support

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Oct 21 04:30:28 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 23:41 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I think Jan was copying the keypad of a mobile phone, where pressing
> and holding the '1' key will typically autodial your voicemail, hence
> the tape-spool image which o_o is an ASCII representation of.

Please drop "o_o", "DEL", and "RETURN", unless they actually control
something in this context.

I doubt the letters need to be marked for translation. While it's
arguably unfair, this layout with latin letters is an international
standard.

If we need to mark them for translation, it's going to be tricky; if
some other language puts letters on 1, *, 0, or #, then we need to mark
them for translation. But in en_US, it's the empty string. Clearly we
can't mark the empty string for translation.

--
Richard