[GSoC] Merge branches (to all GSoC students)

Tomasz Wasilczyk twasilczyk at pidgin.im
Sun Sep 29 08:46:07 EDT 2013

g2013/9/28 Tomasz Wasilczyk <twasilczyk at pidgin.im>:
> - Please review all your changes carefully. The diff against main
> branch would be helpful:
> $ hg diff default > all-changes.diff
> Yes, I know it's a ton of code. And a ton of potential bugs.

I have a request for all students/mentors: could you publish a diff
against main branch before merge? I think I'm not the only one, who'd
like to review these changes. And I think it would be a good idea to
spend a day on reviewing it line-per-line, to make sure there are none
unnecessary or invalid edits.

And some remarks (probably too late) about the code I looked at:
- as far, as I know, we don't indent our code with mixed tabs and
spaces. Even if it's pretty. Just 8-chars wide tabs.
- try to keep lines under 80 columns (yes, it's hard, but it also
makes your blocks less nested)
- don't leave whitespaces at the end of lines (try searching for /. $/
in your diff)
- https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/CodingStandards

Tomek