[GSoC] Merge branches (to all GSoC students)

Ankit Vani a at nevitus.org
Sun Sep 29 09:24:02 EDT 2013

Hi Tomek

On 29 September 2013 18:16, Tomasz Wasilczyk <twasilczyk at pidgin.im> wrote:
> I have a request for all students/mentors: could you publish a diff
> against main branch before merge? I think I'm not the only one, who'd
> like to review these changes. And I think it would be a good idea to
> spend a day on reviewing it line-per-line, to make sure there are none
> unnecessary or invalid edits.

soc.2013.gobjectification vs default:
http://nevitus.com/files/pidgin/diff-soc-vs-default

And in case anyone is curious about the other branch which is not yet ready to
merge:

soc.2013.gobjectification.plugins vs default:
http://nevitus.com/files/pidgin/diff-socplugins-vs-default

soc.2013.gobjectification.plugins vs soc.2013.gobjectification:
http://nevitus.com/files/pidgin/diff-socplugins-vs-soc

> And some remarks (probably too late) about the code I looked at:
> - as far, as I know, we don't indent our code with mixed tabs and
> spaces. Even if it's pretty. Just 8-chars wide tabs.
> - try to keep lines under 80 columns (yes, it's hard, but it also
> makes your blocks less nested)
> - don't leave whitespaces at the end of lines (try searching for /. $/
> in your diff)
> - https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/CodingStandards

I have conformed to the coding style of whatever file I was working on to ensure
that there aren't different styles in the same file.
Also, I haven't introduced whitespaces at the end of lines but I haven't removed
those which already exist in default.

Ankit