Cross-compiling from Linux to Windows

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 11:37:47 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Timm Bla <tymmm1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello devel-list,
>
> I'm the author of this small pidgin/finch plugin:
> https://github.com/tymm/command-execute
>
> Until now I only have a precompiled version for 64-bit Linux.
> Yesterday a user asked me to offer also a precompiled version for Windows (
> https://github.com/tymm/command-execute/issues/5).
>
> I tried to cross-compile it to Windows with mingw for several hours but
> failed.
> So far I can get the object file but linking fails (
> http://pastebin.com/yR4caqWu)
>
> Compiling works and looks like this: http://pastebin.com/Vgv3i44L

There are a number of things that are wrong
 * you're compiling against your native headers (pkgconfig...) when you
need to be compiling against the headers for the windows version.
 * even if you were compiling against the right architecture headers,
you're asking for GTK+ 3.0.0 stuff, which is wrong, it needs to be GTK+2

You'll need to compile pidgin itself using the instructions at
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin and then you can compile
your plugin pretty easily by following the instructions in the FAQ for
compiling a simple plugin.

-D