Cross-compiling from Linux to Windows

Timm Bla tymmm1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 09:37:02 EST 2014

Thank you,

that made a lot clearer.

Unfortunately now I'm not able to build Pidgin for Windows.
The cross-compilation process fails when trying to link libgg.dll.

»/usr/lib/gcc/i586-mingw32msvc/4.2.1-sjlj/libssp.a(ssp.o):(.text+0x100):
multiple definition of `___stack_chk_fail'
../../../libpurple/libpurple.dll.a(d000002.o):(.text+0x0): first defined
here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status«

See here for the full log: http://pastebin.com/TcQw5w3p

Same error for both pidgin-2.10.7 and pidgin-2.10.9.
I'm using the win32api of my distribution (Debian Wheezy) since it didn't
compile at all after manually trying to use the most recent version from
the mingw website.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Best,   Timm