/pidgin/main: 48e4e99bb831: Fix win32 build

Tomasz Wasilczyk twasilczyk at pidgin.im
Mon Jan 6 15:46:05 EST 2014

W dniu 05.01.2014 20:41, Daniel Atallah pisze:
 > This doesn't seem right - pidgin itself shouldn't depend on libgadu.
 >
 > If you look at the other things that are comparable  (other plugin
 > dependencies) none of those have a version displayed (presumably for the
 > same reason).

Right.

 > It occurred to me that displaying the version like this is also
 > potentially wrong - theoretically the gg plugin (or all of libpurple)
 > could be updated independently of pidgin.

Current way of displaying this info (depending on config.h) can also be
potentially wrong.

 > Perhaps there should be a way to have plugins print some sort of
 > debugging information that could be displayed on this window?
 > Having all of this information based more on runtime state would be
 > preferable in a lot of ways.

I'm thinking of the following solution: gg prpl stores libgadu version
somewhere (maybe by g_object_set_data() on PurplePlugin object, when it
was finally gobjectified) and pidgin dialog reads it. Sounds fine?

Tomek