/pidgin/main: 48e4e99bb831: Fix win32 build

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 16:39:40 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Tomasz Wasilczyk <twasilczyk at pidgin.im>
wrote:

> W dniu 05.01.2014 20:41, Daniel Atallah pisze:

> > It occurred to me that displaying the version like this is also
> > potentially wrong - theoretically the gg plugin (or all of libpurple)
> > could be updated independently of pidgin.
>
> Current way of displaying this info (depending on config.h) can also be
potentially wrong.

Yes, you're right of course. I didn't mean to imply that what you had done
introduced this issue.

> > Perhaps there should be a way to have plugins print some sort of
> > debugging information that could be displayed on this window?
> > Having all of this information based more on runtime state would be
> > preferable in a lot of ways.
>
> I'm thinking of the following solution: gg prpl stores libgadu version
somewhere (maybe by g_object_set_data() on PurplePlugin object, when it was
finally gobjectified) and pidgin dialog reads it. Sounds fine?

That sounds good - how about we take this a step further and add a generic
"BUILD_INFO" attribute that any plugin can set to provide information.
Then the pidgin dialog reads all plugins and uses that to build the UI
(defaulting to something sane if the plugin has no BUILD_INFO).

This could be quite useful and provide better visibility to plugins more
like "about:plugins" in firefox/chrome.

-D