/pidgin/main: 0bdba5ad006b: Win32: use a hardcoded Bonjour SDK p...

Tomasz Wasilczyk twasilczyk at pidgin.im
Wed Jan 8 15:16:49 EST 2014

W dniu 08.01.2014 06:59, Kevin Stange pisze:
> On 01/07/2014 01:17 PM, Tomasz Wasilczyk wrote:
>> Changeset: 0bdba5ad006b6fc27543de4d083759eb7bc89f08
>> Author:	 Tomasz Wasilczyk <twasilczyk at pidgin.im>
>> Date:	 2014-01-07 20:17 +0100
>> Branch:	 default

>> Win32: use a hardcoded Bonjour SDK path, as it is done this way in its official release. Fixes #15818
>
> I don't think this is correct.  If you install Windows to drive D: or
> something, your path for Bonjour will be different.  I thought "Program
> Files" was also localized for non-English versions of Windows, meaning
> the name might not always be the same.

Program Files directory is localized, but the path remains the same.
It's just a trick, where displayed folder name is different than its
real name.

> I assume that Bonjour resolves the system Program Files directory to
> install, rather than blindly assuming it is at c:\Program Files.  You
> can pull this from the register or an environmental variable, I think.

Maybe you're right. But it would be better, if someone could check it
for sure, as the previous assumptions (about placing the installed SDK
in its installation directory) were false.

Tomek