Paid work for Tomasz

Niklas Andersson niklas.andersson at openforce.se
Wed Jan 8 17:22:27 EST 2014

Hi,

 I would cast my vote on stuff that needs to be done to get Pidgin 3 out of
the door.

 Let me introduce myself. I work for Ericsson as a contractor and I am
currently paving the way to improve the SIPE-plugin (I.e the Microsoft
Lync-support in Pidgin)

 Basically we want to get cross-platform desktop screen sharing to work as
well as adding support for encrypted audio/video.

 On the lower levels we have two issues we need to fix:

 1. Get SRTP into Farstream (It is already in Gstreamet - this is important
in order to get encryption going)
 2. Fix MS-TURN for TCP-support in libnice. (We need reliable transport for
the desktop screen sharing because it uses RDP)

 I have got the funding in place to fix this, and we are sorting out what
developers will do what work. Everything will be open sourced, and done in
concert with upstream.

 For the desktop screen sharing-stuff the plan is to use xfreerdp (client)
and FreeRDS (server), both coming from the FreeRDP-project, and we are
collaborating with them.

 We will start as soon as possible, and I have come to the understanding
that we must target Pidgin 3, because the Pidgin 3 trunk uses most recent
gstreamer, while Pidgin 2.x uses the older version. I know Pidgin 3 still
have a way to go, but it makes more sense to target the upcoming version I
believe.

 Hopefully you will see more news coming from me soon.

Best regards,
Niklas