Requesting review of soc.2013.gobjectification.plugins

Ankit Vani a at nevitus.org
Thu Jan 30 10:36:57 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 7:46 AM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> Will it be possible to merge the doc conversion branch directly to
> default? And then of course you could merge the changes from there
> back into your .plugins branch. Any reason not to do that?

I considered that when we first discussed the idea of converting the default
brach documentation to gtk-doc. However, by that time, I had already finished
setting up things in the .plugins branch for gtk-doc, and
moved/deleted/rearranged a lot of stuff in the doc directory. Also, there have
been a some changes in the documentation in the .plugins branch. To do doc
conversion in the default branch, I'd have to deal with quite a few conflicts
in the .plugins branch when merging and I'd have to repeat a lot of work.
So I figured it would just be easier if I continued what I had already
started.

In any case, I definitely plan to finish this up and get .plugins merged into
default along with the doc conversion -- just in case you were concerned about
losing gtk-doc conversion in case .plugins branch doesn't get merged.

However, the longer I have the conversion branch unmerged, the more trouble
it'll be to keep it up to date with default due to conflicts on every change
near any comment in any .h file in libpurple, finch or pidgin dirs (not too
much trouble though, I'll handle it), which is why I suggested that if the
.plugins branch can be reviewed while I'm doing this, we can merge the
conversion sooner once its done.

Ankit