Let's drop support for NSS!

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Wed Oct 1 14:26:06 EDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 16:13 -0700, Mark Doliner wrote:
> - I don't think there's any need to support two TLS libraries these
> days. Both NSS and GnuTLS exist basically everywhere.
>
> Why prefer GnuTLS?
> Basically I trust it more. I've dabbled with both GnuTLS and NSS over
> the past few months. GnuTLS seems like the better project. Better
> documentation. Better API. More inertia.

I am pretty late to this discussion, having only came back to the states
for a week. I am not really involved with pidgin anymore, but years ago
NSS was more reliable when connecting to MSN servers, to the point I was
actively telling people who had problems to disable GnuTLS. Not having
any experience whatsoever with the internals of either, gut feelings
tell me that NSS, by nature of being used by firefox, has better
compatibilities with servers.

-khc