Proposal : RTP and Raw Data streams

Youness Alaoui kakaroto at kakaroto.homelinux.net
Sun Sep 7 21:50:31 EDT 2014

Hi Richard, Niklas,

You are right that it is only an API change. Actually, the current API is
not modified, so it's an API addition rather than a change, meaning that it
retains backward compatiblity.
There is no consumer of the API within pidgin at the moment, but the SIPE
plugin does use it to allow file transfer interop with Lync. Eventually, it
can also be used by jingle for google-xmpp interop for file transfers and
desktop sharing as well which we plan on adding to XMPP.
If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Youness.