Windows build / DBus

Jorge VillaseƱor salinasv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 01:32:37 EDT 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Steve Pierce <pierces at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in the dbus API and noticed that they now support Windows.
> It looked like there was some discussion several years ago, have there
been any recent developments?

> It looks like recent versions of dbus deprecated some of the lowlevel
glib stuff, moving to a new api GDBus.  Is there any active work on
updating this?  I also saw some open tickets about improving the DBus API.
Not sure if this would be a good time to look at that?

Actually this is a good question I have been willing to think about. Does
the new GObjectifications and newer glib verison, deprecate the dbus code
we have right now?

Is it safe to just remove it and just expose some DBus API through
GObject+GDbus?

Michael, Ethan, does this looks good for the GSoC project?

--
Masca

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?