Fwd: Multi-threaded protocol plugin

Alexander Solovets asolovets at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:48:50 EDT 2015

Hello!

I am writing purple plugin for a custom, non-TCP protocol. From what I
learn from the source code it seems that all the plugins rely on
purple_proxy_connect call which binds incoming messages to callback
functions, so the plugin code doesn't have to worry about blocking the main
thread. In my case I have a multi-threaded C++ library which exposes
asynchronous calls for the protocol API, i.e. there is some class, which
instance is running in a separate thread, with send/receive methods that do
not block. Does libpurple have a helper code for such case? I'm not sure
what I'm looking for exactly. Probably it can be a function to schedule a
call in the main application thread, or a way to proxify the incoming
traffic to libpurple.

Thanks in advance!

--
Sincerely, Alexander