GSoC is over

Koosha Khajehmoogahi koosha.khajeh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 11:02:42 EDT 2015

A summary of my work (XMPP improvements) would be like this:

XEP-0184 (Message Delivery Receipts): Technically working fine but
does not indicate the receipts or lack of them on the UI level. So, I
guess the GUI should be updated accordingly.

XEP-0308 (Last Message Correction): As far as I can see, works fine.

XEP-0280 (Message Carbons): Apparently, works flawlessly.

XEP-0198 (Stream Management): Only stream acknowledgement works at the
moment. Stream resumption requires considerable changes to that
horrible code. I would continue working on this as soon as get some
free time.

I might make a detailed wiki to reflect what is specifically done and
what is still missing. However, I am currently a little bit busy.

Generally speaking, it might not be enough to ask students to assess
their work to tell if they are ready for merging. I think core
developers should take their time and scrutinize students' code and
then decide if the code needs modifications.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 7:05 PM, James Geboski <jgeboski at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Facebook prpl: It looks like this prpl is being used on the wild now and it is working ok.
>
> Yes.  It seems rather stable at this point.
>
>> Eion, do you think you can merge the changes form your students?
>
> I spoke to Eion briefly about merging this, and offered any assistance
> required.  He stated he was busy with personal matters for the time
> being, and that someone else was free to take on the task.  If someone
> else would like to do the merging, let me know, as I am willing to
> help with any issues that might arise.  It should merge rather
> cleanly, though.
>
> Also, is there any branch I can put patches in once this is merged?  I
> will gladly keep this and the back-ported purple2 plugin maintained.
>
> James

Koosha